13 June 2010

BBBC 2010: Sunday

Today's Topic: Why did you become a blogger? How has it enriched your life?

I'll have to get in the time machine and head back to 2006. (Insert Dr Who music here) I joined SL in May that year, didn't start the blog until September. No intro post. I'd just gotten my First Land. I think the main reason was to have a record of ideas, doings, reference sites, SL locations, pictures... A journal.

The enrich part of the topic is easier. I've met a lot of people, both through blogs and on the grid because of the blog. I never would have taken on Avatar Toolbox if I hadn't had the blog. Some months it has gotten thousands of hits. It got easier for me to write essays of all kinds the first year. Seems practice applies to writing too. I suspect the blog and AT have influenced more than one contract offer in the last few years as well. I've got a dated history of much of the goings-on in SL, something we don't really have officially as the Lab has changed blog and forums more than once and jettisoned the past.

No comments: