16 November 2006

!quit with the lame "art" already!

I was on a little last night. Content providers vs CopyBot. All the "!quit" broadcasts made me want to go take a nap. Ran into some strong rezzing lag on several sims too.

I saw this on someone's blog so I roamed by ArsVirtua . Totally got blown away by the lameness. A mostly empty building, a bunch of people (mostly non-SLers) talking about Chicago, and a couple white walls with boring portrait headshots of your same dull "ain't they hot?" MTV-esque avatars. Yawn. I was hoping for something that would make me think, I got Barbie and Ken blingtards. I must have missed something.

Confuse me, delight me, anger me, but please don't bore me.

How about portraits of old, child, fat, cartoony avatars? Furs and mechanical avatars? Tinies of all sorts? People who make their avatars from scratch? The evolution of (not alt) avatars (1st day, 30 days, 3 months, etc) inworld? I think it would be interesting to see how they change as people spend time in SL. Hyperrealistic SL backgrounds with RL people superimposed, and RL backgrounds with hyperrealistic SL avatars?

No comments: