09 April 2007

Sheep made a Search!

Take a look at what the Sheep have been up to! They've gone and built a SL Product Search. Nifty method for data gathering too!

It doesn't have all the mainland scanned - I noticed mainland sims missing from their listings. I assume they're planning on multiple passes to pick up items they miss while scanning - I noticed areas where it detected some vendors and missed others. (Scanner scripts have a max number of items they're find, regardless of how many are in the area.) If it becomes popular, I wonder what effect it'll have on how we package items - it doesn't seem to detect scripted vendors.

EDIT: I've emailed the Sheep to ask questions about their Search - I noticed some private islands listed, some mainland sims missed, and I'm very curious about how this might develop!

No comments: